Monday 8 August 2016

Hubert Kah - Get Strange (1986)



This is no where near the best song by Hubert Kah, and no where near the best song on the rad soundtrack. But I can't deny how solid the FM bass is. Since the best tracks from Hubert Kay are stricken from youtube under the fairly strict German laws, I had to settle for this one, which was released by western publishers. This bass is thick and velvety, while also being exceptionally metallic. You can practically taste the metal, but then why is it so sweet tasting???

I'm going to be a little bugger here and share my favourite track of theirs, both the English and German versions. The English version has FM bass, where as the German version was recorded 2 years earlier and has analog bass, but FM bamboo hits and bells. Truth be told, I prefer the German version, but the English one is great too. Why would Germany deny us in the west this amazing track?

Grab them here

I'd also be out of my mind to not mention that the 1986 movie "Rad" is the reason I like 80s stuff today at all. There was a time in the 90s when it simply wasn't cool to like 80s stuff. FM synth including. If it weren't for the track "John Farnham - Break the Ice" off this soundtrack (posted earlier in the Summer of FM), I may have ignorantly denied myself the glorious spoils of the 80s. I tip my hat to thee, Rad.

"Just get strange" are not only lyrics. They are a philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment