Tuesday 30 August 2016

Newcleus - Cyborg Dance (1985)



Had this one stored away for just being a rad track for quite a while. Going back through my archives from 1985 I ran across this track and was like, "HOLY MOLY FM BASS MOTHER LOAD!" And so here we are.

These FM bass sounds in particular sound like they came off the Genesis. Which was still several years away. I think these are some early examples of some of the "other" types of bass sounds FM could make. a little grittier and more metallic in nature.

I really like the flamenco licks in here as well, and they were not bashful with the vocoder effect. They went vocoder crazy, and I thank them for it!

This is straight up freestyle, so feel free to pop and lock while you listen to this track. Maybe I'll get my chance to dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment