Monday 25 July 2016

John Cafferty - Hearts on Fire (Rocky IV Soundtrack) (1985)



I am pretty sure we have Vince DiCola to once again thank for the performance of this particular FM Bass. I think I read somewhere that he did the guest synths for the soundtrack, in addition to the tracks he was credited for. The lead sounds like it fell right off the soundtrack for Transformers which is a dead giveaway.

But, man... Once again, that huge and crunchy DiCola FM Bass sounds like sweet sweet honey in my ears. It goes so well with this AOR style montage track, and these vocals by John Cafferty take it all the way home. This is another one of those tracks that can be incredibly silly while at the same time be deadly earnest. I feel like we don't get that enough anymore.

This is what it sounds like when your heart is on fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment